Saturday, January 31, 2009

5 CITIES IN 14 DAYS (Part 1)

I started a wonderful journey 2 weeks ago upon learning that I will be undergoing a forced vacation from my office ('wag niyo nang tanungin kung bakit). Instead of taking it as a punishment, I took it as an opportunity to take a vacation and see other places that I haven't been into.

Sure, I was born and lived my first 16 years in Iloilo City and Guimaras. The next 4 years I saw myself studying college in Bacolod with sidetrips in Manila, Baguio, Dumaguete, Batangas, Subic, Aklan, Capiz and Cebu during my first 20 years of existence on earth. After a year of graduation, I decided to work in Manila where I was able to go to Bulacan, Pampanga and Laguna. It has been 4 years since I flew back to Iloilo to work, got married to a Cebuana and raised them in Cebu and worked in Bacolod. And it has been my dream eversince to go down South in Mindanao and witness the places and taste local culture.

That dream came true last January 20, 2009. I decided to start my journey down south.

I started my journey in Silay City, Negros Occidental where the new Bacolod-Silay Airport is located. From Silay, I took a flight to Cebu where I stayed for a night in a hotel near Mactan Airport. I opted to rest and planned my trip to Davao with a lot of itineraries for 3 days. I also took part in world history via CNN where Barack Obama became the 44th US president and the first African-American to govern the most powerful nation in the world. I was able to witness the oath-taking (which was a blunder) and his rousing speech also.

January 21, 2009 I took a flight from Cebu to Zamboanga. From the sky I was able to feel the excitement as the plane was about to touch down at the Zamboanga Airport. Although I only spent an hour in Zambo, I was enthralled by the fact that their airport reminds me of the old Iloilo Airport in Mandurriao. How I wish I could have spent the night in Dapitan or in Dakak and catch a beautiful girl there! Heheheh.. just kidding baka magalit asawa ko.... After an hour in Zamboanga, I boarded a plane to Davao where I was able to spend the next three days relaxing, eating out and.... finding myself.

(To be continued)

No comments: